Chocolate Blueberry Paleo/Keto Brownie
It’s cold and rainy. Nice herbal teacup is already waiting on the benchtop, waiting for a good friend…..that friend is a scrumptious chocolate brownie, home made without any grain, dairy or sugar. It’s going to taste sooo good and be a well deserved treat.
Here it is. I don’t make my desserts very sweet as my taste buds have adjusted to lower sugar levels over many years of eating for nourishment and health, so if you prefer a sweeter flavour you can double the maple syrup quantity or use 70% chocolate instead of 90% or add 1/3 cup coconut sugar.
If you are sticking to a Ketogenic diet, reduce maple syrup amount to 1 tbsp or if you are hard core, omit altogether for a more chocolaty bitter flavour.
- 3 eggs beaten in bowl
- 1/2 tin coconut cream
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 bar of Lindt 90% dark chocolate or other dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup frozen organic (or fresh organic) blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 160C fan forced
- To the beaten eggs add 1/2 can coconut cream and 1 tbsp cacao- beat until all mixed
- Melt the chocolate in bowl over simmering pot until all melted. Mix in maple syrup and stir well
- Mix 1 cup almond meal into choc mix
- Mix 1/2 cup frozen blueberries into egg mix
- Mix the egg mixture with chocolate mixture. Pour into a baking paper lined loaf tin
- Bake on 160 for 40 mins or until crust is just firm
If desserts and sugar is something you are addicted to and it’s creating health problems, give me a call to find out how I can help. Book your FREE 15min phone consult HERE.