Hair analysis testing is a proven and effective way to assess the metabolic function of the body as well as nutrient deficiencies.
In clinic I use hair analysis testing on virtually every client and I have completed hundreds of these tests. It is an inexpensive way to receive a lot of information about your health, including metabolic functioning of organs that is not really possible to assess with other tests.
Not only does hair mineral analysis show the levels of your ‘good’ and ‘bad’ minerals over the long term, it allows us to look deeply at how your powerhouses of the body – the endocrine glands – are functioning.
Digestive function, adrenal and thyroid function as well as immune system can be easily and quickly assessed via hair analysis and further tests such as blood and salivary tests can be ordered if necessary.
I also conduct practitioner training in hair analysis that can be accessed via this link: https://www.truefoodsnutrition.com.au/product/mental-health-copper-zinc-imbalances/
What the hair analysis test report shows
- The report shows your levels of essential minerals and compares them to a norm. Minerals included: Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Phosphorus, Iron, Manganese, Chromium, Selenium, Boron, Cobalt, Molybdenum and Sulphur
- The report also shows levels of toxic heavy metals: Uranium, Arsenic, Berrylium, Mercury, Cadmium, Lead, Aluminium, Tin, Titanium and others
- As I am a fully trained practitioner and highly experienced in interpreting Hair analysis test I also able to find distinct patterns within the report that clinically correlate to many health conditions.
Who is hair mineral testing for?
Everyone! In clinic I use it to help address the following conditions:
- Adrenal fatigue, including unexplained fatigue, aches and pains, sleep issues
- Weight gain/loss, appetite issues and blood sugar imbalances
- Hormonal dysregulation including: oestrogen dominance, unexplained menopausal symptoms, PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, etc
- Mental health issues: Pyrrole disorder, anxiety, depression, bi-polar depression, OCD, ADHD, etc
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Immune disorders including long term infections such as Epstein Barr virus (glandular fever), hayfever and allergies, histamine dysregulation
- Children’s immune disorders: asthma, eczema, allergies, intolerances
- Children’s developmental disorders: anxiety, ADHD, violent behaviour, tantrums/temper outbursts, dyslexia, poor school performance
- Anyone who has occupational or environmental exposure to toxins, eg: mechanics, painters, metal workers, glass workers, farmers, etc
How does the testing process work?
If you come into the True Foods Nutrition clinic (Sydney, NSW) I personally take your hair sample and mail it to the laboratory.
If you are consulting by distance, a collection envelope is mailed to you with detailed collecting instructions.
Note: hair must be uncoloured. For coloured hair you will need to wait for re-growth of a couple of centimetres to collect uncoloured and untreated hair.
About a tablespoon of hair close to the scalp at the back of the head is required. Sample is best taken in several small spots to avoid a ‘bald patch’. It’s a very easy process.
Your sample will be mailed to a laboratory in the US for testing. It takes about 2 weeks to receive the report after mailing.
Have a listen to this FX Medicine Podcast where I discuss how and why Hair Analysis can help in detail.