Easy Paleo Banana Bread
This simple, moist and delicious grain, dairy and sweetener free banana bread takes no time to get in the oven and serves as a great snack option during a busy week.
Contains nuts. For nut free version, blend activated sunflower or pumpkin seeds into flour and use instead of nut flour.
- 2 cups almond meal/flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup organic sultanas or dried cherries/blackcurrants- omit these if fat loss is your goal
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted in cup, in a bowl of boiling water)
- 3 bananas: 2 mashed with fork, 1 to slice for decoration
- Preheat oven to 170◦C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper
- Combine all ingredients except 1 banana in a bowl and mix well
- Pour dough mix into the lined loaf pan- it should be very moist but not runny
- Slice 1 banana length-wise into thin strips and place on top of loaf
- Bake for approx. 40-45mins until golden brown and is ‘set’
- Store in airtight container in fridge (up to 5 days) once cooled or eat immediately:)
A variation: make Apple bread by substituting the bananas with 2 peeled and grated apples!