In this podcast I chat with Andrew Whitfield-Cook from Fx Medicine about hair mineral analysis and how I use it as part of my standard consultation and assessment process.
I share the value I find in using hair mineral analysis as a clinical tool to craft individualised treatment plans for a range of conditions from thyroid disorders, children’s health, mental health and toxicity.
I use specific patient cases to illustrate how and why I find hair mineral analysis so crucial in helping my clients achieve wellness.
In this podcast, I chat with Naturopath Jade Walker from Jade Walker Way about detoxification. In particular, we talk about:
- the science behind liver detoxification
- the 3 different detox pathways of Estrogen that are influenced by genetics, that can be influenced by supplementation
- heavy metals and hair tissue mineral analysis
- the best test for hormonal health (DUTCH)
- Pyrrole disorder
- how nutrient therapy could be the key to reversing life-long mental health conditions
- how to look for signs and symptoms of over- and under-methylation
- how low dopamine can sometimes be the reason for high achievement
- how important it is for women to detox before pregnancy
In this podcast I cover these key areas:
- Review of the importance of magnesium for mental health and look at how magnesium deficiency can be a fundamental driver of many mood disorders.
- Explore the inter-relationship between magnesium and calcium, and how magnesium deficiency and/or calcium excess is connected to anxiety, stress, mental rigidity, and emotional inflexibility.
- Discuss the benefits of using hair mineral analysis in clinical practice for assessment of mineral status – including common patterns of mineral imbalance seen in patients with mood disorders.