Our health practitioners are highly experienced experts passionate about their work and fully committed to optimising your health.Consultation prices vary, please review the information below.
The Standard Initial Session is 1 hour in duration:
- During this session, we review your health history, current symptoms and concerns as well as lifestyle and dietary habits and discuss your health goals. We formulate a strategy together that will address each of your health goals. We will agree together on a general treatment plan to be reviewed and refined at the follow up consultations. Appropriate handouts/reading materials as well as recipes will also be provided.
- Prior to the consultation, you will receive an email with clinic details as well as a health history questionnaire and a 3 day food diary. These should be completed and emailed back at least 24h prior to the appointment – this facilitates a more in-depth consultation and frees up time during the consult to work on the treatment plan.
- We regularly ask patients to conduct blood testing (usually via their GP) and order various functional medicine tests (hair, stool or saliva) that provide us with information that allow us to identify some of the underlying causes of health issues and resolve them through having scientific data about your health.
- This approach avoids guesswork and yields effective results. Also, usually nutritional supplements and/or herbs are prescribed- we prescribe and provide directly to you -practitioner only brands that contain ingredients at therapeutic doses and are of the highest quality. These are always personalised for your needs.
- A few minutes at the end of your session may be required for the practitioner to order supplements, make up herbal medicines or organise handouts.
The Complex Case Initial Session is 1.5 hours in duration:All the aspects are covered as above. This session is for complex cases with multi-body system issues, chronic illness and patients who have seen multiple previous practitioners or have had several functional medicine tests done that require review prior to the consultation.
Please note, Maria Shaflender now only sees patients who are ‘complex cases’ and are committed to resolving their health concerns over a period of time.
Follow up sessions:
- 45 mins: Review of test results, detailed dietary plans and treatment. Discussion of progress and refinement of treatment at each consult
- 30 mins: Short consults- as your treatment progresses beyond the first few sessions, these consults provide fine tuning of treatment and dietary and lifestyle aspects
- 15 mins: Acute consults- for all those questions that arise in between consults and require more than a 1 sentence email answer.
Duration of treatment and number of follow up appointments is dependent on individual circumstances and will be discussed at the initial consultation.There are no added GST charges for consultations. Health fund rebates may apply, please check with your insurance provider.
Show all 12 Result