The First EVER Genetic Testing Program for Weight Loss with CarbChoice®
Do you battle with weight loss?
If you clicked this page you are probably struggling with weight whether it’s those pesky 5-10kg or a lot of excess weight. Just like you I have always struggled with weight- it is one of the reasons I became a clinical nutritionist. If you have been told that ‘everything in moderation’ is the right approach to weight loss, then you have been misled.
You see, we all have different genetics when it comes to putting on weight. This is why your skinny friend can gorge herself on burgers and fries and why you probably put on weight just by looking at a potato!
Whilst genetic testing for weight loss is not a magic wand to all our weight problems, I use it regularly with my clients because it clearly sets out the genetic ‘playing field’ when it comes to carb metabolism.
It’s a simple saliva test that tells you exactly which carbs you can safely eat and which ones will push you into weight gain. Individuality with weight loss programs is essential, there is no ‘average person’, and it doesn’t get more specific than genetic testing.
Who is it for?
- Anyone struggling to lose weight
- Anyone suspecting gluten sensitivity
- Anyone struggling with energy levels and blood glucose control (sugar highs and lows)
- Anyone asking these questions and struggling for answers:
- are whole-grains healthy and how many can I eat?
- how many carbs can I eat every day/week and lose weight?
- are rice and sweet potatoes good carbs for me?
- will I lose weight if I cut processed carbs?
In addition to weight loss benefits, carbohydrate and starch metabolism can have an impact on a range of key health conditions including:
- Gluten intolerance
- Food sensitivities/intolerances
- Diabetes or insulin resistance
- Gut dysbiosis (imbalance)
- Autoimmune conditions
- Persistent infections such as thrush or urinary tract infections
- Periodontal (gum) disease and cavity formation
Optimising our diet and lifestyle to suit our genes has the biggest impact on health and weight loss. The new science of epigenetics shows us that it is this interaction between our genes and environment that determines health outcomes.
What’s involved in the test?
A simple saliva sample taken at the initial appointment. Results take 2-3 weeks to come back. Consultations are also available nationally via Skype or phone and the test kit can be mailed and self-collected in the privacy of your home.
The Science of CarbChoice®
- Fitgenes CarbChoice® tests our AMY1 gene which ‘codes’ for the protein known as ‘salivary amylase’.
- Amylase can account for 40-50% of the protein found in saliva which begins the process of starch metabolism in the mouth.
- Each gene has a copy number variation which means that sections of the gene are repeated and the number of repeats in the gene varies between individuals in the human population
- For more information, follow this link:
The Genetic Testing for Weight Loss Program
This program was created in order to help you maximise your weight loss and health goals. Consulting with a clinical nutritionist will enable you to optimise Carbchoice to suit your personal needs and ensure the LONG TERM success of the plan without crazy diet regimes.
This program allows you to have an optimal eating plan that takes into account your lifestyle, work, exercise routine and all other personal aspects.
|Initial consultation – 1h||$160|
|CarbChoice® Genetic Test||$199|
|Follow up consultation: 1 hour plus
For January 2018: only $499!
You only have to take the test ONCE in your life as it measures genes.
Follow up consultations and any supplements prescribed following the program are optional and recommended at 1/2 h in person or Skype once a fortnight (cost $80). Highly recommended to achieve the maximum results from your weight loss program and motivation to stay on track and change your diet and lifestyle for good.